Who and What Is Covered By University Insurance?
- Employees acting within the course and scope of their University employment
- University-owned property
- University-owned vehicles
Who and What Is NOT Covered by University Insurance?
Everyone and everything else, including:
- Employees on their own time
- Outside parties using University facilities
- Non-owned or -leased vehicles (including rental cars)
- Non-owned property (unless the University has contractually agreed to cover and has care, custody, and control of the property)
*Unless they are under the direct, on-site supervision of a University employee acting in the course and scope of University employment, students are considered autonomous individuals responsible for their own actions.
**Volunteers are eligible for Workers' Compensation coverage if:
- They fit the definition of a volunteer and are directly supervised on-site by a faculty or staff member acting within the course and scope of employment; and
- The department completes the Volunteer Form via HR ServiceHub.